Some PDF to Word Converter is a desktop utility that was designed to convert your PDF files to MS Word format (DOC) very easily. The program supports batch conversion, so that you can convert several PDF documents into DOC format at once. Moreover, it can convert protected PDF files, and though it is supposed to keep the original PDF layout, this is not always true.
The program offers an easy-to-use interface, but it is visually not very attractive and could be highly enhanced. It allows you to add all your source PDF files individually or by folder to create a conversion list. In the case of protected files, you may also provide the owner and/or user passwords. After that, you can configure several general parameters, such as the page range to convert, the zoom level, the space between characters, and the graphics handling, among others. Now you are ready to start the conversion process.
Even though the program usage is very easy, it lacks some important features which detract competitiveness from it. First, it does not allow you to customize the output directory and the resulting files are always stored in the same folder as the original ones. Second, it only supports the MS Word 2003 file format natively for the output, and not the 2007-2010 file format. To top it all off, it generates temporary files during the conversion process that are not deleted once it has finished. As compensation, you can use it for free indefinitely, though every time you launch a conversion a small window will appear suggesting you to buy a license and register the program, until you do so.
- Easy to use.
- Supports batch conversion.
- Allows you to convert protected PDF files.
- Allows you to add your source files individually or by folder.
- You can use it for free indefinitely
- Poor visual design.
- It is not always capable of keeping the original PDF layout in the resulting DOC file.
- Does not allow you to customize the output folder.
- Does not support MS Word 2007-2010 file format natively.
- Generates temporary files that are not deleted once the process has finished